[KPhotoAlbum] New KPhotoAlbum anchor person needed.

Henner Zeller h.zeller at acm.org
Tue Jan 3 23:19:04 GMT 2012

On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 11:48, Jesper K. Pedersen <blackie at kde.org> wrote:
> I'm afraid the time has come where I have to give away my baby, as adult life
> has caught up with me :-/

You mean the real-life baby ? Congrats to that btw :)

> So I'm now searching for someone to stand up and continue KPhotoAlbum. Your
> job would include maintaining the website, releasing kphotoalbum, developing
> kphotoalbum, etc etc (or working with someone else to do some of those tasks).
>
> Personally, I will continue using KPhotoAlbum for years to come, as there to
> my knowledge still are no competitor solving the tasks the way I want it. I'll
> also continue making various changes to it (in git), but I'm afraid I wont
> have time to do all the maintenance tasks, which are also requires (website,
> releases, support etc).
>
> If anyone is interested, then let me know, and I'll transfer the remaining
> files which are not currently on the website to you, and help you get set up in
> general.

I have been a bit out of Kphotoalbum development recently, so I
wouldn't suggest myself
as a candidate right now. But I'd suggest that all (half-)active
kphotoalbum developers and supporters
should come together, maybe via a video conference-style Google+
hangout (works for everyone), so that we can chat
a bit about the future and responsibilities to get this kick-started.

I just started a Kphotoalbum circle (Right now only Jesper, Risto and
me) that I shared on Google+ - Just add
me to your circles on Google+ so that I can add you to that circle if
wished. You find me under
  https://plus.google.com/u/0/113917390722624035964/posts

Then, we can organize a video hangout next weekend (works probably
best with the spread of timezones).

> I'd like to extend a huge thanks to all the fans and supporters who have
> encouraged me to work on KPA over the years, it has been one hell of a ride!

And KPA is an awesome, still unmatched tool! Using it almost every other day.

-henner