[KPhotoAlbum] Bug 150972 - change "no other" behavior when selecting directories

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 19:37:19 GMT 2012

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 3:09 PM, Johannes Zarl <isilmendil at gmx.net> wrote:
> On Monday 27 February 2012 23:28:04 Johannes Zarl wrote:
>> I'll look into that. I think I know why this is happening. I'll post a
>> fixed (and cleaned up) version of this patch, as soon as this issue is
>> fixed...
>
> So, I worked it out yesterday. If you can test the following two patches, they
> should preserve the correct handling of "None" while providing the new, better
> "No other" handling:
>
> 0001-Make-No-other-work-for-sub-categories.patch
> 0002-Sane-No-other-None-handling-for-categories.patch

Without the patch the no-other feels to work properly when testing
with People category but with the patch it doesn't work. When I go
select Jesper I get 13 images and when I select People-No other, I
still have the same 13 images. (None functionality did work on my
tests.)

The bug 150972 is a bit different issue. Let me try to illustrate;
make a directory "test_tree" with images in it and a subdirectory
"sub_tree" under it with some more images. Now there is no way to
select only the images directly in test_tree without including images
from the sub_tree. E.g.
---8<---
$ ls -RF test_tree
test_tree:
20120205_001.jpg  20120205_003.jpg  sub_tree/
20120205_002.jpg  20120205_004.jpg

test_tree/sub_tree:
img_2817.jpg  img_2867.jpg  img_2879.jpg  img_2884.jpg  img_2896.jpg
---8<---

miika