[KPhotoAlbum] HOWTO: Trying the bleeding edge KPhotoAlbum version from GIT

Risto H. Kurppa risto at kurppa.fi
Tue Feb 14 20:50:10 GMT 2012

> On 14 February 2012 17:18, Johannes Zarl <isilmendil at gmx.net> wrote:
>> On Monday 13 February 2012 00:21:06 Risto H. Kurppa wrote:
>>> Hi there!
>>>
>>> I started to write a copypaste instruction (for dummies like me) on
>>> howto try KPhotoAlbum GIT version for Ubuntu/Debian users, see
>>> http://pad.ubuntu-uk.org/RnggClBwaB

>> Regarding the backup of existing data: Maybe we should add a bash script to
>> the repository that handles this? That way one cannot accidently forget some
>> file.
>>
>> I have attached a prototype (which works only with XML backends) for everyone
>> to try.

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 8:13 PM, Andreas Neustifter
<andreas.neustifter at gmail.com> wrote:
> I took the freedom to modify the backup script a little, see attaches patches.

Wow guys, nice job!!!

Maybe someone with commit rights could actually commit this to the
repository? Of course it's possible to set up a separate (git)
repository for KPA-related unofficial stuff but I guess it's better if
this goes to the official repository. However I have no clue how to
commit stuff there or how to gain commit rights (ok, I don't even know
how to apply the patch files Andreas sent so basically I have no idea
what your script does, I wasn't able to try it ;)

>> If anyone has a clue about the SQL backend, I would be thankful for hints on
>> how to backup in this case.

As far as I know, there is no SQL backend. It was never finished but
it's still around in the menus and settings which indeed does confuse
users.. So don't care about it.