[KPhotoAlbum] Preparing for new release

Tuomas Suutari tuomas.suutari at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 21:11:45 GMT 2012

Hi,

On 4 February 2012 22:44, Martin Jost <lists at majo.name> wrote:
> How can I get the version number of my git "checkout" ?

Just "git log" and see the topmost "commit xxxxxx" line. The xxxxxx
here (actually 40 hexadecimal characters) is the id of the commit
you're at. Commit ids (aka SHA-1 of commit) are the "version numbers"
of git.

> (sorry I'm used to SVN and CVS and just learned enough git to pull head
> of trunk; so also my "vocabulary" used here might be the wrong one)

Default branch of SVN is called trunk, but default branch of git is
called master. (Just like in SVN, it's possible to use different name
for the default branch though.)

> How can I "update" my local copy from the git repository ?

git pull

--
Tuomas