[KPhotoAlbum] KPhotoAlbum Digest, Vol 73, Issue 18

Constantin Orăsan c.orasan at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 12:46:04 GMT 2012

Hello,

> Not to be too heretical, but ....
>
> The main barrier to converting from kpa to another program is that there is
> no reasonable way to keep all the tags that are in the database. If it's
> possible to (optionally) put the tags inside the pictures themselves, then
> that problem would be somewhat alleviated.
>
> I've got over 7k images tagged (out of 25K) and if my partner insists she
> wants them in Light Room, etc. (they're her pictures), I'm going to have to
> start from scratch :( losing may hours of work.

I am afraid I have to disagree with you here. The fact that kpa keeps
the information in an XML file is a great feature. You can always
write a script that extracts the information from the XML file and
converted to another format. I would say the problem is with other
programs that use a proprietary, not documented way of encoding the
information.

Regards,

Constantin