[KPhotoAlbum] Outdated info on the homepage

Johannes Zarl isilmendil at gmx.net
Wed Dec 12 22:09:51 GMT 2012

Hi,

I just realised that some bits on kphotoalbum.org are outdated:

On the page "Compiling KPhotoAlbum sources"[1]:

 - "KIPI Plugins":
   The link "KIPI" points to an outdated KDE-extragears website.
   This one is probably better:
https://projects.kde.org/projects/kde/kdegraphics/libs/libkipi

 - "Video Thumbnails Support":
   still mentions MplayerThumbs, not mplayer or mplayer2

 - "Instructions for compiling the KDE 4 version of KPhotoAlbum":
   We could mention a sensible choice for the prefix, such as "-
DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=`kde4-config --localprefix` and advise the user to add
~/.kde/bin to the path. It's a shame I never thought about this until
recently, but his way things like showing the handbook in KHelpCenter just
work without ugly hacks.

The local prefix should also be mentioned as install location for kipi-plugins
etc.

Cheers,
  Johannes

[1] http://www.kphotoalbum.org/index.php?page=compile