[KPhotoAlbum] Printing images with automatically added text

Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Wed Dec 12 18:49:57 GMT 2012

I have a lot of scanned images and images/photos I'm working on with
multiple versions.  When I print them (using various programs), all I
get is the image and, often, it's difficult to tell which image came
from which file.  This is particularly frustrating with my (27K) photos
when I have a print and want another copy and can't find it.  (The
photos are in KPhotoAlbum, so I can find the small minority :( that I
have actually tagged correctly.)  I could also add the scans to KPhotoAlbum.

What I would like is  a utility that would print a bunch of images (e.g.
doit *.jpg) and include an automatic (program generated) caption
(hopefully configurable) with something like the full path of the file
in it.

I need this while projects are in progress and for cleaning up
afterwards.  This is not for "final" images.

It would be cool (and economical) if I could also specify the print size
of the image because, often, smaller "thumbnail" images (but not
necessarily the thumbnails that are already generated by KPhotoAlbum)
may be enough for organizing/cleaning up and they would save a bunch of
time, paper, and ink/toner.

Is there anything in KPhotoAlbum or that can be used with it to
accomplish this?

TIA
    Joe