[KPhotoAlbum] Raw workflow

Robert Krawitz rlk at speakeasy.net
Sun Aug 26 20:43:32 BST 2012

The kpa manual states:

"A few settings are recommended for a RAW workflow. First is to enable
the using of the embedded thumbnail. This will give a tremendous speed
boost over decoding each raw file each time they are viewed (check also
the minimum dimension configuration to ensure decent quality). Second
one is for the New Image Finder to automatically stack the developed
versions over the RAW file (developed image must be on same directory as
the original). This requires regular expressions as described in ."

The last is obviously a reference to the new image finder settings, but
it doesn't explain clearly what the search regexp and file replacement
texts should be.  This would benefit greatly from an example (I haven't
figured out what they need to be myself!").  That example might read:

"For example, if you are shooting in RAW+JPEG mode, your camera may
generate two files, the RAW file and the JPEG file.  For purposes of
example, assume that the two files are named img_0005.cr2 (in general,
img_nnnn.cr2) and img_0005.jpg (in general, img_nnnn.jpg).  Assuming
that you want the RAW file to be at the top of the stack, you would
enter the following in the [File versions search regexp]: [] and the
following in the [Original file replacement text]."

This would greatly help in usability.

MIT VI-3 1987 - Congratulations MIT Engineers men's hoops Final Four!

--Eric Crampton