[KPhotoAlbum] image search question

Risto H. Kurppa risto at kurppa.fi
Wed Apr 25 08:46:26 BST 2012

On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 11:01 PM, Markus Grabner <grabner at icg.tugraz.at> wrote:
>    I have a question regarding the use of the image search function. I tagged
> a bunch of images, including those from the stays at two different hotels, say
> "hotel A" and "hotel B". Both of them had a pool, so I added "pool" as a
..
> explain how (in the above example) I should write a query to
> *) search for all photos from hotel A,
> *) search for all photos from the pool of hotel A,
> or should I tag the images differently to perform such queries?

I'd tag photos so that 'Hotel A/B' answers to the question Where
(=Location) and 'Pool' answers to the question What (=Keywords).
I use location to mark where the photo was taken (mostly countries
that have cities as subcategories, sometimes even city neighbourhoods
but I could imagine I'd add hotels there if I wanted to tag them too)
and keywords to tell what you can see in the photo (=pool, reception,
lounge, restaurant, door, tourists...)

Just my 2 cents.