[KPhotoAlbum] KPhotoAlbum 4.2 packages for Ubuntu

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 05:33:38 BST 2012

Hello all,

if I use kphotoalbum from Dominic's PPA I get a crash with some KIPI
plugins. However, with a version I have compiled myself (GIT master
with some minor changes to 4.2 that should not affect) it works fine.
So the question is, do others suffer from the same crashes which would
mean something wrong with the PPA version or is it just me and my "too
new KDE version". OS is Ubuntu 11.10 with KDE 4.8.1 from another PPA.

The crash occurs for me with the following steps:
- select a few images
- Open Plugins->Images->Geo-Location or Adjust TIme & Date

I do also always get the following error message when starting PPA
version of kphotoalbum (might be related):
kphotoalbum: Symbol `_ZTVN4KIPI15ImageInfoSharedE' has different size
in shared object, consider re-linking

miika