[KPhotoAlbum] [kphotoalbum] MainWindow: Ctrl+home is now a shortcut for going to the home screen

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 04:32:43 GMT 2011

On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 10:21 PM, Andreas Neustifter <
andreas.neustifter at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All!
>
> On 20 June 2011 11:44, Jesper K.Pedersen <blackie at kde.org> wrote:
> > Git commit 7fdf2373b16c36ad5f06a75f7607cbbc31191815 by Jesper K.
> Pedersen.
> > Committed on 20/06/2011 at 11:10.
> > Pushed by blackie into branch 'master'.
> >
> > Ctrl+home is now a shortcut for going to the home screen
>
> Sorry for the late reply but this change is bugging me since June and
> I want to comment on it:
>
> Usually Ctrl-Home/Ctrl-End is reserved for scrolling to the very top
> or very bottom of a scrollable control.
>
> Since this commit I'm constantly (without wanting to) switching back
> to the Home screen when I'm in the thumbnail view and trying to scroll
> all the way up with Ctrl-Home. I found it not possible to train my
> muscle-memory otherwise.
>
> Can we please use another key-combination for going to the Home
> screen? *pretty please*?

Settings -> Configure Shortcuts... -> search for home and set the shortcut
to anything else (or none)

Even though you can tune your shortcuts to pretty much anything in KPA, I
am also generally against violating common conventions by default.

miika