[KPhotoAlbum] Bugfix-Suggestion Annotation Dialog

Steffen Jost steffenjost at web.de
Mon Nov 7 22:00:46 GMT 2011

On 07.11.2011 18:58, Miika Turkia wrote:
> Committed to trunk, thanks for the patch!

Cool, thanks!

> All suggestions and especially working and tested patches are highly
> appreciated. It has been a bit too quiet on the development side lately
> so new, anxious coders are more than welcome ;)

Well, I could polish and contribute my HTML export theme, if this is of
interest too. It notably features the description above the image and
does not show a picture's title.

The reason behind this is that I use the description to create photo
stories out of my pictures, but I learned later that almost all older
relatives or ours missed the descriptions, because they looked at the
picture and did not realize that there was more when scrolling down.

Since I am not good at HTML either, my theme is mainly a reshuffling of
Miika Turkia's Dark v1.0.1 theme. ;) I still need to fiddle around with
the coloring and sizing a bit, since it looks odd in Chrome, but fine in
Firefox and Konqeror.

Another thing I would really like to have would be multi-language
support for picture descriptions. So my quick fix idea was to just
duplicate the description field, so that each one could be used for one
language. I think I could manage this, however, it is also just a bad
hack, and would not really deal with the general issue.

I think a better way to implement this would be to allow the user to add
more custom text fields. The user can add more categories, so why not
allow the user to add custom text fields?

Essentially it would mean that categories come in two flavors: one with
tick boxes like they are now, and another one that just adds another
text box. In principle, one can already achieve something similar by
putting long description text as a category item, but of course this is
awkward to edit in a single line.

I am willing to work on it, but I would need some guidance, as this is
beyond my current capabilities in C++ and Qt. I am a functional
programmer, and the imperative world is just frightening. ;)

Cheers,
  Steffen.