[KPhotoAlbum] Bugfix-Suggestion Annotation Dialog

Steffen Jost steffenjost at web.de
Mon Nov 7 16:08:24 GMT 2011

Hello,

with the attached patch, image descriptions are now preserved as the
were entered by the user.

The current version of Kphotoalbum (from git) alters image descriptions:
for example, any HTML-code is removed from the image description, if the
image is opened a third time with the annotation dialog.

Note that my patch suggestion is different from the one suggested by the
theBro on 04.02.2010, which had some unpleasant side-effects and which
was not applied to the trunk.

I also checked that entering XML-tags in the description does not cause
any problem (they are still escaped within the database, as before the
patch).

The only drawback of my patch that I could determine is that copy&paste
of richtext into the image description looses its formatting and links
immediately - without the patch, the richtext formatting was only lost
upon reopening the image in the annotation dialog. However, I argue that
this is a rather odd behavior anyway: if one is allowed to paste
richtext the first time, then it should also be preserved second time,
especially if one does not touch the description input box at all.

WARNING: I have no experience with the development of Kphotoalbum, so
please help me and please tell me whether my suggestion is welcome or
not. While I have some professional training as a programmer, I have not
much knowledge about about C++ nor Qt. Luckily, the suggested fix is
very simple.

Cheers,
  Steffen.