[KPhotoAlbum] KPhotoAlbum Digest, Vol 63, Issue 10

Rick Christian rec9140 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 13:26:24 BST 2011

On 3/28/11, kphotoalbum-request at kdab.com <kphotoalbum-request at kdab.com> wrote:
> On 03/21/11 09:42, Jesper K. Pedersen wrote:
>> Does anyone know why we have a dependency on Marble at all?
>> Jan: Is that the stars in the rating thing?
> I believe there was an experimental branch with support for the Marble
> widget, but it surely wasn't merged into trunk. The rating widget is
> KRatingWidget, originally from Nepomuk, but it looks like it was merged
> into kdelibs.

Umm...

CMakeLists.txt has:

macro_optional_find_package(Marble)
macro_bool_to_01(MARBLE_FOUND HAVE_MARBLE)
if(MARBLE_FOUND)
    INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES(${MARBLE_INCLUDE_DIR})
endif(MARBLE_FOUND)

> Rick, your packages are broken, and there's absolutely nothing we can do

I am trying to compile from sources but am now stuck at this error
which REQUIRES MARBLE? ! ?  This is from SOURCE downloaded direct from
the the KPhotoAlbum page.

rec9140 at rec9140-virtual-machine ~/kphotoalbum-4.1.1 $ cmake .
-- Found Qt-Version 4.7.0 (using /usr/bin/qmake)
-- Found X11: /usr/lib/libX11.so
-- Found KDE 4.6 include dir: /usr/include
-- Found KDE 4.6 library dir: /usr/lib
-- Found the KDE4 kconfig_compiler preprocessor: /usr/bin/kconfig_compiler
-- Found automoc4: /usr/bin/automoc4
-- Check Kipi library in local sub-folder...
-- Check Kipi library using pkg-config...
-- WARNING: you are using the obsolete 'PKGCONFIG' macro use FindPkgConfig
-- Found libkipi release >= 0.2.0
-- Found libkipi: /usr/lib/libkipi.so
-- Found Kdcraw library in cache: /usr/lib/libkdcraw.so
-- Could NOT find marble  (missing:  MARBLE_INCLUDE_DIR MARBLE_LIBRARIES)
CMake Error at /usr/share/kde4/apps/cmake/modules/FindMsgfmt.cmake:22 (message):
  Could NOT find msgfmt program
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:337 (find_package)

CMake Warning (dev) at CMakeLists.txt:341 (add_subdirectory):
  The source directory

    /home/rec9140/kphotoalbum-4.1.1/doc

  does not contain a CMakeLists.txt file.

  CMake does not support this case but it used to work accidentally and is
  being allowed for compatibility.

  Policy CMP0014 is not set: Input directories must have CMakeLists.txt.  Run
  "cmake --help-policy CMP0014" for policy details.  Use the cmake_policy
  command to set the policy and suppress this warning.
This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

Can I just remove this check for marble and proceed ? ??

Please advise.....

Thanks.