[KPhotoAlbum] Visual Updates for KPA

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at kde.org
Sat Jun 18 10:50:19 BST 2011

I'm not sure I see any visual changes, and I can't see your flicker page.
Anyway, I've pulled and pushed your changes.

The last one did not work, due to an earlier patch (the email thing I wrote to
you in private). I'll pull that once you've fixed that and rebased.

Why did you remove this code though:
-void MainWindow::StatusBar::setupFixedFonts()
-{
-    // Avoid flicker in the statusbar when moving over dates from the datebar
-    QFont f( font() );
-    f.setStyleHint( QFont::TypeWriter );
-    f.setFamily( QString::fromLatin1( "courier" ) );
-    f.setBold( true );
-    setFont( f );
-}
-

Cheers
On Tuesday 07 June 2011 23:03:28 Andreas Neustifter wrote:
> [DISCLAIMER: The visual looks of a program are a highly subjective
> matter, I'm presenting my views as basis for discussion and not as the
> only valid solution to the problems I see.]
>
> Hi all!
>
> Okay, this is the last patch for a while (well, its actually five
> patches...).
>
> I do not know if this is the Ubuntu-Qt or if this is a general problem
> but there where some visual glitches in KPA that annoyed me to no end.
> Since its easier to talk this in pictures I have made some screenshots
> that are split between the old version (left) and the new version
> (right):
> http://flickr.com/gp/astifter/L2Bh85/
>
> To sum up the glitches: most of the icons in the views had white
> backgrounds, the status bar was white and the treeview too. This was
> inconsistent with the grey background everywhere else so I made
> changes such that everything is either the default (menu bar) grey or
> the user configured background in the thumbnail view.
> https://github.com/astifter/kphotoalbum-fork/commit/2a203b7d5d30608ba6a5740
> a91b9f19f555041a2
> https://github.com/astifter/kphotoalbum-fork/commit/534001b64764c846f9fe48
> 78a49fddf1972c39d8
>
> Also some of the settings dialogs where a untidy and not properly
> aligned, I realigned everything and put proper headers in. Also I
> pulled all settings that control "what new files are loaded" into one
> dialogue pane and left the settings for "what information is loaded
> from a file" in the first dialogue pane.
> https://github.com/astifter/kphotoalbum-fork/commit/b5628fe2509e7b5719e676e
> 931ac081035fc169e
> https://github.com/astifter/kphotoalbum-fork/commit/4e2f52da5fc896a7973543
> a94b6388754ecd2399
>
> Finally the main screen has a too broad border and the line separating
> the histogram from the status bar is way to dark. I fixed that too.
> https://github.com/astifter/kphotoalbum-fork/commit/b6655787dd610603d3cc20c
> 9383d9a3065e7f797
>
> What do you think of the slightly tidier look?
>
> Andi

thousands of images?