[KPhotoAlbum] Startup error (init)

Benny Simonsen benny at slbs.dk
Thu Jun 16 21:24:46 BST 2011

Hi

It is not a big issue, but for first time users it might be confusing...

I have seen the same problem two times:
- installed a new Ubuntu 11.04 with a fresh home dir
- upgraded a Upuntu 10.10 to 11.04 and begins to use kphotoalbum for a user
that haven't used kphotoalbum before (one of mig kids :))

In the first case I thought that I had run something as root so that my user
couldn't write to the files in ~/.kde, so I deleted ~/.kde, but the same
result with no ~/.kde.

I have seen the same problem in both cases - but only logged it in the last
case:
There are two error dialog boxes:

Title (not 100% sure this is the excatly title): kded - KDialog
Configuration file "/home/rebecca/.kde/share/config/kdedrc" not writable.

Title: kphotoalbum - KDialog
Configuration file "/home/rebecca/.kde/share/config/kphotoalbumrc" not
writable.

Best regards
Benny Simonsen