[KPhotoAlbum] Patch to ignore symlinks when reading files

Risto H. Kurppa risto at kurppa.fi
Tue Jan 4 15:50:27 GMT 2011

On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 4:31 PM, Robert Krawitz <rlk at alum.mit.edu> wrote:
> > (Yes, KPA is a great tool to tag but relating to issues like these doesn't
> > work that well in my eyes)
>
> Do you have any examples of tools that do this well?

No, I don't. Since I bought a DSLR and recognized the need for photo
archiving, I've been using KPhotoAlbum. At some stage I started
shooting only NEF/RAW and at that stage.. well.. most of my photos
have only been taken to stick around on the disk only to be backupped
- not really to be used for something useful. That's my personal
tragedy ( ;( ;) but there is the inperfect fit between my needs & how
KPA & RAW management works.

So sorry, I really don't what's the best the software world has to
offer at the moment..  and I'm afraid none of us knows that - we've
used only KPA for way too long ;)

So if there's anyone here who has experience of.. other existing
products, .. let us know how they work..

(Maybe we need to go out and explore the world..)