[KPhotoAlbum] Picture selection workflow, etc.

Risto H. Kurppa risto at kurppa.fi
Thu Dec 29 14:09:58 GMT 2011

On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 2:30 PM, Joe <josephj at main.nc.us> wrote:
>> You might also try using Tokens, which you can add and remove by typing
>> A-Z when a picture is selected. (There is some unspecific toggling
>> semantics here, though.)
>>
>> It would be really nice to have a feature that toggled an overlay of
>> which Tokens were selected for each photo.
>
> That would be exactly what my "badges" idea is supposed to do.
>
> I understand what tags are about, but what's the idea behind tokens? How are
> they intended to be used?

Not sure what's the original purpose, but this is how I use tokens:

After importing a new set of photos, say birthday photos of a friend,
I go through them in viewer. I press D for each photo that will be
deleted. R for every photo I'm in, and so on, basically I add a token
for each person I want to tag in those photos. Then I search all
photos with D token, delete those, select all with R, add myself as a
tag in those photos etc. This way I get all people tagged by going
through them once in viewer (being able to see them full screen is
nice ;) and then I make one search for token + tag round for each
token I used.

Now that I write it here it doesn't seem to make much sense..