[KPhotoAlbum] HTML function and rotate

Constantin Orăsan c.orasan at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 14:21:53 GMT 2011

Hello,

>  Hello, I've got a question about the function 'Generate HTML'. When I use
> this function the photos aren't displayed correct, if there is a rotation
> information located in EXIF. Dophin, Gwenview, firefox and other picture
> viewer rotate the picture correct. But if I view it with the kphotoalbum
> generated HTML files the picture isn't rotated. I've looked at the HTML code
> but couldn't find anything useful.
>
> The slideshow in kphotoalbum show me the same behavior. I've tried to switch
> off and on the 'Use EXIF orientation information' under settings. But no
> luck the EXIF tag seems to be ignored.
>
> I use the following versions: kphotoalbum 4.1.1, KDE 4.7.2, libexif12
> 0.6.20-1, Debian sid (aptosid)

This is strange. I generated HTML the other day and everything is
fine. This means the thumbnails and the small version of the photos
are rotated, but the originals do not appear rotated (as I would
expect). I don't know whether it matters, but I used Floating Cards
theme. Running on Ubuntu 11.10, Qt: 4.7.4, KDE Development Platform:
4.7.2 (4.7.2)
KPhotoAlbum: 4.1.1.

Regards,

Constantin