[KPhotoAlbum] Plans for a new official release ?

Martin Jost lists at majo.name
Sun Dec 4 13:46:08 GMT 2011

Hello,

are there plans for a new official release of KPA ?
The last one (4.1.1) is now sightly more than two years old (15 Nov 2009 ).
And the latest snapshot ("We are regularly releasing a snapshots") is
even older, according to the name: "20090721"

So it seems the only current way to get a newer KPA is to use git.
While I can manage this, it will be a sure blocker for many users.
(With the information available, it also took a little bit of time for
me, cause I'm used to CVS and SVN, but not git)

On the other hand, there is a bunch of new, useful features in the git
version, (Like searching for the rating or the megapixels) let alone the
bug fixes.

The only apparent problem I've seen so far is the miss of translations
and the needed testing. (Do I miss something really big and obvious here ?)

I also had a look for a sort of roadmap for KPA, but didn't find any.
So what are the current plans ?

Regards

Martin

P.S.:
I could help with the testing of a release candidate. After all I'm
using the git version currently anyway...