[KPhotoAlbum] 'playlists'

Constantin Orăsan c.orasan at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 10:37:08 BST 2010

Hello,

> How do you do this in kphotoalbum?
> If it does not already exist, what feature would I like to use?
>
> 1. in kphotoalbum, select a set of photos and have them presented as thumbnails
> 2. select those that I want included in my 'playlist'
> 3. have a menu item (or rightclick?) that allows to add those marked to a named list
> 4. save the named list to a directory, which I could perhaps call holiday_2010-20min
> 5. this dir would contain the files chosen as links.
>
> with this setup the kphotoalbum directories could be used by standard uPnP protocols like
> those that are available on newer TV sets: one could browse and find the dir
> holiday_2010-20min and play it.
>
> Is such a feature missing or is there a clever other way of achieving the same?

Steps 1-4 can be easily achieved using keywords or tokens. You
basically select the photos you want to insert in your playlist. Add
them the keyword "holiday_2010-20min". After that you select all the
photos with that tag and assuming you have the plugin installed you
export them to a "remote computer", which in your case will be a
folder on your computer. The only thing that will not work is to
export as links. I don't think there is an out of the box option for
that.

Constantin