[KPhotoAlbum] KPhotoAlbum on UserBase

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Tue Oct 5 12:33:04 BST 2010

There are now more than 200 application pages on UserBase that are being
translated into a variety of languages.  However, before that can happen work
has to be done on pages to prepare them.  As I work my way down the list I
came to KPhotoAlbum.  To be honest, I had thought that the project was
discontinued, so I'm delighted to see that it isn't.  However, the pages on
UserBase are quite old, so almost certainly badly out of date.

What is needed
============
There are a bunch of pages - none of them long - and it would help if
volunteers would take one page each, say, and bring it up to date.  The pages
are
http://userbase.kde.org/KPhotoAlbum
http://userbase.kde.org/KPhotoAlbum_FAQ (fairly long)
http://userbase.kde.org/KPhotoAlbum_Jobs
http://userbase.kde.org/KPhotoAlbum_Known_Bugs
http://userbase.kde.org/KPhotoAlbum_New_Ideas
http://userbase.kde.org/KPhotoAlbum_Video_Support
http://userbase.kde.org/KPhotoAlbum_on_Knoppix
http://userbase.kde.org/KPhotoAlbum_on_Windows

There is also http://userbase.kde.org/Image_Kimdaba on which I had done the
preparation work before realising that the page is so out of date that maybe
it needs deleting.

Benefits to KPhotoAlbum
===================
As the language translation system is gaining momentum, you will rapidly see
new language pages evolving.  UserBase is using the Special:myLanguage
extension, which means that anyone reading in any language other than English
will be directed to pages in their own language wherever such pages exist.

We also have the capability to export for use by the DocBook creation team.
Some applications have found it convenient to build their documentation on
UserBase, with a view to having easier maintenance of documentation which is
easily passed to the i10n team.

If we are to keep the KPhotoAlbum subpages I'd want to move them into
structure consistent with the rest, for instance, KPhotoAlbum_on_Windows would
become KPhotoAlbum/Windows.

I'd welcome both help and comments.  If there are specific things that the
project would appreciate, please tell me, either here or by visiting #kde-www.

Thanks for reading ;-)

Anne
--