[KPhotoAlbum] Annotation: Feature Request

Murray Strome wmstrome at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 24 17:12:20 BST 2010

I like the feature that allows one to create hierarchical Categories > Sub-Categories. However, it would be VERY useful to at least have an option which would select all the parent categories when a sub-category is selected. For example, in "Places", I might create a category "USA", then a sub-category "California", then a sub-category of that "San Diego", and then a sub-category of that "San Diego Zoo". E.G.

Places

x  California

   x  San Diego

     x  San Diego Zoo

Now, when I annotate another photo taken at the San Diego Zoo, if I start typing "San Diego Zoo", it will check the bottom level, but not those higher up in the hierarchy.  I sometimes forget to check them all. It would be most useful for me to have all those "parent" items checked automatically.

Am I missing something, or is this already possible? If not, how difficult would it be to add in a future version?

Murray