[KPhotoAlbum] Three issues with KDE4 KPA

Robert Krawitz rlk at alum.mit.edu
Sat Jul 3 21:43:14 BST 2010

   Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2010 22:29:31 +0300
   From: Miika Turkia <miika.turkia at gmail.com>

   > | 2) I'm unable to display any .crw files from my old Digital Rebel: in
   > |    the viewer I get either a black screen, or the previous image (if I
   > |    was previously viewing something else).  No message is printed when
   > |    this happens.  This is a regression (a rather serious one) from the
   > |    KDE3 version.  I vaguely recall there had been a similar problem
   > |    there at one point.

   This sounds like you do not have raw  conversion library installed (or is
   this a problem with only Rebel raws and others work?) Make sure you have
   libkdcraw installed.

It amounted to something like that, but it wasn't a kphotoalbum
issue.  Unfortunately, I don't remember the precise details, but it
was some versioning issue with one of the dependencies.