[KPhotoAlbum] Thumbnail latency

Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Fri Aug 20 19:50:35 BST 2010

  For me, the thumbnail feature in kpa 4.0.2 is largely unusable because
it activates too quickly.  When I move the mouse across the pictures, it
shows thumbnails instantly and makes concentrating and selecting
pictures almost impossible.

Just viewing the pictures directly in dolphin is no problem at all.  I
think the only difference is that dolphin doesn't display the thumbnails
so quickly.  the mouse has to hover over the picture for a short time
(latency) before a thumbnail appears.  That way, when you're moving the
mouse, no thumbnails appear until you pause the mouse at a picture where
you want to see a thumbnail.

Is there any way to get kphotoalbum to behave the same way - with some
added latency to thumbnail display?

TIA

Joe - kpa 4.0.2 - kubuntu karmic x86