[KPhotoAlbum] Fwd: Re: Crash from the latest svn

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at kde.org
Tue Aug 17 12:06:49 BST 2010

On Tuesday 17 August 2010 02:01:42 Robert Krawitz wrote:
| The latest svn crashed when I attempted to resize the thumbnail grid
| with the mouse middle button.
Hmm the traceback doesn't really indicate much to me, let me know if you can
reproduce this consistently.

| (Personally, I think that that should be disabled with the new
| thumbnail code -- accidentally changing the thumbnail size is
| presumably a much more expensive operation now.
Actually, the next thing I'll be working on is to try and make background
threads generate thumbnails, so it shouldn't be that bad. But indeed something
to consider.

| I also vaguely recall that we had a similar performance issue in the
| KDE3 version that was resolved, at least partially, by using a quick
| and dirty resampling algorithm rather than rescaling.  This made the
| thumbnails less attractive but much faster to load.)
Well actually, that was one of the things I threw out (see my blog), it took
quite some time to do this scaling.

thousands of images?