[KPhotoAlbum] GPS Feature Request

Eugene kde at ninefamily.com
Thu Sep 10 03:53:54 BST 2009

Hello all, I searched the archives and found an older thread taking
about GPS support and asking for what anyone would like to see.  I have
a feature I've been wanting for a long time.  I want the places category
to be filled out somewhat automated based on GPS data and seeing the
discussion about utilizing Marble it seems like it would be easy.  I
geotag all my pictures so say a pic has gps coordinates of   82° 59'
34"W,  39° 59' 23"N  that will be looked up in Marble and return
Columbus Ohio so that picture gets the place tag of Columbus Ohio.   As
the exif info is read from each picture the same lookup can be made
until we have several different place names to search from.  I've been
doing this manually now by using the Exif comment field and putting in a
location in text there but this seems like it would be an easy thing to
automate just be reading in the Marble data.
Thanks
Eugene