[KPhotoAlbum] Picture Date in HTML-export

jedd jedd at progsoc.org
Tue Oct 20 23:11:44 BST 2009

 Hi Steffen,

 I'll take this opportunity to try to flog* my software.

 A while ago I wrote a web front-end for KPA, that picks up
 images based upon a nominated tag.  This means you don't
 have to export anything - just add a tag to a given photo,
 and file/save in KPA and then the next time someone hits
 the web page it pulls the image out, converts to thumbnails
 etc, and saves it in a local cache.

 It requires you have a copy of your KPA image repository on
 the web box - but you can work around that by generating
 the cache on the KPA (local) box using a local copy of apache,
 and then just rsync the lot up to your web host.  The latter
 is not well documented by me, but the process is very simple
 and rsync is very well documented on The Intergoogle.  Generally
 GNU/Linux users have apache/php/rsync installed on their boxes,
 or can install them in a few minutes.

 Anyhoo, the URL for more information, plus links to the tarball,
 and to live demonstrations of same, is at:

 http://dgwiki.dingogully.com.au/Jedd/Software

 I've just started re-writing this using CodeIgniter framework,
 as the way I wrote the original was a bit messy.  The new version
 will be a bit more javascripty - it's all the fashion apparently - and
 hopefully be a bit easier for people to dive into and modify.

 Anyhoo, current version works a treat for me - and includes dates!

 cheers,
 Jedd.

 * Where flog means give away for free - it's GPL of course.