[KPhotoAlbum] "edit location" interface

Mark Eichin eichin at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 05:17:32 BST 2009

I finally got around to trying this under 4.0.1.  Wow, it's nice to be
able to use the typically-higher-detail google maps for locations I'm
posting to flickr (at least in the areas I care about, google
typically has at least two more zoom levels than yahoo/flickr, and I
can certainly place pictures to that additional accuracy a lot of the
time...)

One tedious bit: the starting point of 0,0 (in the Atlantic off of
Africa) is pretty much always wrong :-)  If the interface allows it,
simply keeping the most recent location (and, ideally, zoom level)
would be an improvement.

Alternatively, priming the Search box with the Places field might help
- I guess I could experiment with that one simply by writing a script
that looks for entries without lat/lon but having Locations values,
geoparsing them, and stuffing in a default value from that (for later
refinement.)

I bound plugins->images->geolocation->edit locations to control-g,
which is fine from the album view, but doesn't carry over to the
single image view, and it doesn't appear to be on the context menu
either...

(Now to scrape all of my geolocations *back* from flickr into
kphotoalbum.  It helps that I finally figured out that
flickr.photos.getWithGeoData actually *works* if you use the REST
interface - I'd been using the XMLRPC interface, and paging doesn't
work, you always get the first "page" of results, which is useless.)

--
_Mark_ <eichin at thok.org> <eichin at gmail.com>