[KPhotoAlbum] Sharing index.xml between KDE4 and KDE3 versions

Jan Kundrát jkt at gentoo.org
Tue May 12 12:10:52 BST 2009

jedd wrote:
>  That's pretty much my question right there .. am i going
>  to hit problems, will things break in weird ways, is there
>  anything I can do to ensure that it won't (break)?

If you ever save the file from KPA 3.x, you'l lose image rating and all
stacks (and the geolocations, if you somehow managed to file that in
even without any GUI support). Apart from that, there's nothing to worry
about.

>  I wouldn't wish KDE4 on either of the other two people.

There's absolutely no reason to run KDE4 in order to use KPhotoAlbum
4.0. It works just fine under any desktop environment including Gnome
and KDE 3.x. You still need kdelibs from KDE4, but they can be installed
along the KDE3.

Cheers,
-jkt

--