[KPhotoAlbum] KphotoAlbum incompatible with Gwenview in Kubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty)?

wmstrome at yahoo.com wmstrome at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 5 21:02:58 BST 2009

--- On Thu, 6/4/09, Risto H. Kurppa <risto at kurppa.fi> wrote:

From: Risto H. Kurppa <risto at kurppa.fi>
Subject: Re: [KPhotoAlbum] KphotoAlbum incompatible with Gwenview in Kubuntu  9.04 (Jaunty)?
To: "Murray Strome" <wmstrome at yahoo.com>

On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 5:52 AM, Murray Strome <wmstrome at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have recently upgraded one of my computers to Kubuntu 9.04.  When I
> installed KphotoAlbum, Gwenview was removed (along with some other stuff
> like kipi -- I think).
>
> Is this
 intentional? If so, why?

Hi Murray!

No, it really isn't intentional. AFAIK there has been something wrong
in kipi-plugins (or KPA) package, that causes dependency problems with
kipi etc.

You might want to check http://kphotoalbum.org/download-binaries.html
and there go to K/Ubuntu PPA repository to install the latest KPA. If
you can't install kipi-plugins an gwenview with that KPA installed,
please report this to Launchpad:
https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kphotoalbum

I'm running 9.04 as well. I had 3.1.1 (from jaunty repositories?)
installed and I now added the repository from above:
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/alessandro-ghersi/ppa/ubuntu jaunty main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/alessandro-ghersi/ppa/ubuntu jaunty main

to /etc/apt/sources.list and upgraded and it seems to work..

Good luck!

Thanks,

Murray