[KPhotoAlbum] BINGO ! - EXIF search now working; "Recreate EXIF Search database" seems to be broken

Martin Jost lists at majo.name
Sat Jul 25 17:59:31 BST 2009

Jesper K. Pedersen schrieb:
> Please try and apply the attached patch, and watch stdout for a message, when
> running the recreate db command.
>
> If that doesn't reveal anything, then please send me the strace in a private
> letter.
>
> Cheers
> Jesper
Hello Jesper,

thanks for the debug patch, and: Bingo !!!

Warning: IFD0 tag 0x010e has invalid Exif type 11; using 7 (undefined).
Error while reading exif information from
/images/fotos/2006/Norwegen/27.8./Teilsumme.jpg
QSqlDatabasePrivate::removeDatabase: connection 'exif' is still in use,
all queries will cease to work.
QSqlDatabasePrivate::addDatabase: duplicate connection name 'exif', old
connection removed.

Now it's getting really wired...
ll /images/fotos/2006/Norwegen/27.8./
insgesamt 156984
drwxr-xr-x  2 jost users    4096 27. Sep 2007  .
drwxr-xr-x 19 jost users    4096 27. Sep 2007  ..
-rw-r-----  1 jost users 2969016 27. Sep 2007  IMG_1556.JPG
-rw-r-----  1 jost users 4102012 27. Sep 2007  IMG_1557.JPG
-rw-r-----  1 jost users 2041240 27. Sep 2007  IMG_1558.JPG
-rw-r-----  1 jost users 2146763 27. Sep 2007  IMG_1559.JPG
-rw-r-----  1 jost users 3404853 27. Sep 2007  IMG_1561.JPG
-rw-r-----  1 jost users 4371958 27. Sep 2007  IMG_1563.JPG
-rw-r-----  1 jost users 2828772 27. Sep 2007  IMG_1564.JPG
-rw-r-----  1 jost users 3542780 14. Sep 2006  IMG_1567.JPG
-rw-r-----  1 jost users 2231196 14. Sep 2006  IMG_1568.JPG
-rw-r-----  1 jost users 2198854 14. Sep 2006  IMG_1569.JPG
-rw-r-----  1 jost users 2677094 27. Sep 2007  IMG_1570.JPG
-rw-r-----  1 jost users 2569150 27. Sep 2007  IMG_1572.JPG
-rw-r-----  1 jost users 2027746 27. Sep 2007  IMG_1573.JPG
-rw-r-----  1 jost users 2998780 27. Sep 2007  IMG_1574.JPG
-rw-r-----  1 jost users 3581474 14. Sep 2006  IMG_1578.JPG
-rw-r-----  1 jost users 3154333 14. Sep 2006  IMG_1579.JPG
-rw-r-----  1 jost users 1666777 29. Okt 2006  IMG_1580.JPG
-rw-r-----  1 jost users 3056897 27. Sep 2007  IMG_1586.JPG
-rw-r-----  1 jost users 4004076 27. Sep 2007  IMG_1588.JPG
-rw-r-----  1 jost users 4537953 27. Sep 2007  IMG_1592.JPG
-rw-r-----  1 jost users 3354187 27. Sep 2007  IMG_1593.JPG
-rw-r-----  1 jost users 2842823 27. Sep 2007  IMG_1594.JPG
-rw-r-----  1 jost users 2825563 27. Sep 2007  IMG_1595.JPG
-rw-r-----  1 jost users 2843859 14. Sep 2006  IMG_1596.JPG
-rw-r-----  1 jost users 2208334 27. Sep 2007  IMG_1597.JPG
-rw-r-----  1 jost users 2331901 27. Sep 2007  IMG_1603.JPG
-rw-r-----  1 jost users 4958249 27. Sep 2007  IMG_1604.JPG
-rw-r-----  1 jost users 3957671 27. Sep 2007  IMG_1607.JPG
-rw-r-----  1 jost users 2217399 27. Sep 2007  IMG_1609.JPG
-rw-r-----  1 jost users 2137398 27. Sep 2007  IMG_1610.JPG
-rw-r-----  1 jost users 2143458 27. Sep 2007  IMG_1611.JPG
-rw-r-----  1 jost users 2626614 27. Sep 2007  IMG_1612.JPG
-rw-r-----  1 jost users 2234226 27. Sep 2007  IMG_1613.JPG
-rw-r-----  1 jost users 2334054 27. Sep 2007  IMG_1614.JPG
-rw-r-----  1 jost users 2638139 27. Sep 2007  IMG_1615.JPG
-rw-r-----  1 jost users 2725206 27. Sep 2007  IMG_1616.JPG
-rw-r-----  1 jost users 3081060 27. Sep 2007  IMG_1617.JPG
-rw-r-----  1 jost users 2646540 27. Sep 2007  IMG_1618.JPG
-rw-r-----  1 jost users 1978260 27. Sep 2007  IMG_1620.JPG
-rw-r-----  1 jost users 2197721 27. Sep 2007  IMG_1622.JPG
-rw-r-----  1 jost users 2092252 27. Sep 2007  IMG_1627.JPG
-rw-r-----  1 jost users 2340589 27. Sep 2007  IMG_1631.JPG
-rw-r-----  1 jost users 3621826 14. Sep 2006  IMG_1634.JPG
-rw-r-----  1 jost users 3994998 14. Sep 2006  IMG_1636.JPG
-rw-r-----  1 jost users 3881229 14. Sep 2006  IMG_1637.JPG
-rw-r-----  1 jost users 3906641 14. Sep 2006  IMG_1638.JPG
-rw-r-----  1 jost users 3979986 14. Sep 2006  IMG_1639.JPG
-rw-r-----  1 jost users 4117053 14. Sep 2006  IMG_1640.JPG
-rw-r-----  1 jost users 3945198 14. Sep 2006  IMG_1641.JPG
-rw-r-----  1 jost users 3742704 14. Sep 2006  IMG_1643.JPG
-rw-r-----  1 jost users 3739531 14. Sep 2006  IMG_1645.JPG
-rw-r-----  1 jost users 3524930 14. Sep 2006  IMG_1646.JPG
-rw-r-----  1 jost users    3751 31. Aug 2007  output.pto
-rw-r-----  1 jost users    4193  8. Sep 2006  output.pto.~1~
-rw-r-----  1 jost users 3094883 27. Sep 2007  teilsumme.jpg

That's it ! No "Teilsumme.jpg" but instead "teilsumme.jpg". (Why on
everything on earth, does it try the filename with wrong case ?)
The file is also 'rather' big, but maybe this helps: (although the
culprit is probably just the name mismatch)

godot:/images/fotos> exiftool
/images/fotos/2006/Norwegen/27.8./teilsumme.jpg
ExifTool Version Number         :
7.42
File Name                       :
teilsumme.jpg
Directory                       :
/images/fotos/2006/Norwegen/27.8.
File Size                       : 3.0
MB
File Modification Date/Time     : 2007:09:27
22:33:49
File Type                       :
JPEG
MIME Type                       :
image/jpeg
Exif Byte Order                 : Little-endian (Intel,
II)
Make                            :
Canon
Camera Model Name               : Canon EOS 350D
DIGITAL
Orientation                     : Horizontal
(normal)
X Resolution                    :
72
Y Resolution                    :
72
Resolution Unit                 :
inches
Modify Date                     : 2006:08:27
18:16:51
Y Cb Cr Positioning             :
Co-sited
Exposure Time                   :
1/125
F Number                        :
9.0
Exposure Program                :
Manual
ISO                             :
100
Exif Version                    :
0221
Date/Time Original              : 2006:08:27
18:16:51
Create Date                     : 2006:08:27
18:16:51
Components Configuration        :
YCbCr
Shutter Speed Value             :
1/125
Aperture Value                  :
9.0
Flash                           :
Off
Focal Length                    : 28.0
mm
Macro Mode                      :
Normal
Self Timer                      :
Off
Quality                         :
Fine
Canon Flash Mode                :
Off
Continuous Drive                :
Single
Focus Mode                      : One-shot
AF
Record Mode                     :
JPEG
Canon Image Size                :
Large
Easy Mode                       :
Manual
Digital Zoom                    :
None
Contrast                        :
+1
Saturation                      :
+1
Sharpness                       :
1
Metering Mode                   :
Evaluative
Focus Range                     : Not
Known
Canon Exposure Mode             :
Manual
Lens Type                       : Unknown
(-1)
Long Focal                      : 85
mm
Short Focal                     : 17
mm
Focal Units                     :
1
Max Aperture                    :
4
Min Aperture                    :
22
Flash Activity                  :
0
Flash Bits                      :
(none)
Focus Continuous                :
Single
Zoom Source Width               :
0
Zoom Target Width               :
0
Photo Effect                    :
Off
Manual Flash Output             :
n/a
Focal Type                      :
Zoom
Focal Plane X Size              : 23.04
mm
Focal Plane Y Size              : 15.37
mm
Auto ISO                        :
100
Base ISO                        :
100
Measured EV                     :
7.25
Target Aperture                 :
9
Target Exposure Time            :
1/125
Exposure Compensation           :
0
White Balance                   :
Auto
Slow Shutter                    :
None
Shot Number In Continuous Burst :
0
Optical Zoom Code               :
n/a
Flash Guide Number              :
0
Flash Exposure Compensation     :
0
Auto Exposure Bracketing        :
Off
AEB Bracket Value               :
0
Control Mode                    : Camera Local
Control
Focus Distance Upper            :
0
Focus Distance Lower            :
0
Bulb Duration                   :
0
Camera Type                     : EOS
Mid-range
Auto Rotate                     :
None
ND Filter                       : Unknown
(-1)
Self Timer 2                    :
0
Flash Output                    :
0
Canon Image Type                : Canon EOS 350D
DIGITAL
Canon Firmware Version          : Firmware
1.0.3
Owner Name                      :
unknown
Camera Body No.                 :
2030712674
Set Button Cross Keys Func      :
Normal
Long Exposure Noise Reduction   :
Off
Flash Sync Speed Av             :
Auto
Shutter-AE Lock                 : AF/AE
lock
AF Assist Beam                  :
Emits
Exposure Level Increments       : 1/3
Stop
Mirror Lockup                   :
Disable
E-TTL II                        :
Evaluative
Shutter Curtain Sync            : 1st-curtain
sync
Canon Model ID                  : EOS Digital Rebel XT / 350D / Kiss
Digital N
Num AF Points                   :
7
Valid AF Points                 :
7
Canon Image Width               :
3456
Canon Image Height              :
2304
AF Image Width                  :
3456
AF Image Height                 :
2304
AF Area Width                   :
189
AF Area Height                  :
188
AF Area X Positions             : 0 -1237 -742 0 742 1237
0
AF Area Y Positions             : -617 0 0 0 0 0
617
AF Points In Focus              :
0,2,3,5
Thumbnail Image Valid Area      : 0 159 7
112
Serial Number Format            : Format
2
Original Decision Data Offset   :
0
File Number                     :
116-1612
Bracket Mode                    :
Off
Bracket Value                   :
0
Bracket Shot Number             :
0
Noise Reduction                 :
Off
WB Bracket Mode                 :
Off
WB Bracket Value AB             :
0
WB Bracket Value GM             :
0
Filter Effect                   :
None
Toning Effect                   :
None
Tone Curve                      :
Standard
Sharpness Frequency             :
n/a
Sensor Red Level                :
0
Sensor Blue Level               :
0
White Balance Red               :
0
White Balance Blue              :
0
Color Temperature               :
5200
Picture Style                   :
None
Digital Gain                    :
0
WB Shift AB                     :
0
WB Shift GM                     :
0
VRD Offset                      :
0
Sensor Width                    :
3516
Sensor Height                   :
2328
Sensor Left Border              :
52
Sensor Top Border               :
19
Sensor Right Border             :
3507
Sensor Bottom Border            :
2322
Black Mask Left Border          :
0
Black Mask Top Border           :
0
Black Mask Right Border         :
0
Black Mask Bottom Border        :
0
WB RGGB Levels As Shot          : 2446 1016 1022
1425
Color Temp As Shot              :
6428
WB RGGB Levels Auto             : 2446 1020 1026
1425
Color Temp Auto                 :
6428
WB RGGB Levels Daylight         : 2050 1020 1026
1507
Color Temp Daylight             :
5200
WB RGGB Levels Shade            : 2419 1020 1026
1252
Color Temp Shade                :
7000
WB RGGB Levels Cloudy           : 2234 1020 1026
1362
Color Temp Cloudy               :
6000
WB RGGB Levels Tungsten         : 1359 1020 1026
2392
Color Temp Tungsten             :
3199
WB RGGB Levels Fluorescent      : 1723 1020 1026
2018
Color Temp Fluorescent          :
3903
WB RGGB Levels Flash            : 2323 1020 1026
1313
Color Temp Flash                :
6460
WB RGGB Levels Custom 1         : 2854 1020 1026
1541
Color Temp Custom 1             :
6333
WB RGGB Levels Custom 2         : 2050 1020 1026
1507
Color Temp Custom 2             :
5200
Color Tone                      :
Normal
User Comment
:
Flashpix Version                :
0100
Color Space                     :
sRGB
Exif Image Width                :
3456
Exif Image Height               :
2304
Interoperability Index          : R98 - DCF basic file
(sRGB)
Interoperability Version        :
0100
Focal Plane X Resolution        :
3954.23341
Focal Plane Y Resolution        :
3958.762887
Focal Plane Resolution Unit     :
inches
Custom Rendered                 :
Normal
Exposure Mode                   : Manual
Scene Capture Type              : Standard
Compression                     : JPEG (old-style)
Thumbnail Offset                : 9728
Thumbnail Length                : 5776
Headline                        : teilsumme
Caption-Abstract                :
Image Width                     : 21486
Image Height                    : 1437
Encoding Process                : Baseline DCT, Huffman coding
Bits Per Sample                 : 8
Color Components                : 3
Y Cb Cr Sub Sampling            : YCbCr4:2:0 (2 2)
Aperture                        : 9.0
Drive Mode                      : Single-frame shooting
Flash                           : Off
Image Size                      : 21486x1437
Lens                            : 17.0 - 85.0 mm
Lens ID                         : Unknown 17-85mm
Scale Factor To 35 mm Equivalent: 1.6
Shooting Mode                   : Manual
Shutter Speed                   : 1/125
Thumbnail Image                 : (Binary data 5776 bytes, use -b option
to extract)
WB RGGB Levels                  : 2446 1016 1022 1425
Blue Balance                    : 1.39843
Circle Of Confusion             : 0.019 mm
Field Of View                   : 44.7 deg
Focal Length                    : 28.0 mm (35 mm equivalent: 43.7 mm)
Hyperfocal Distance             : 4.53 m
Lens                            : 17.0 - 85.0 mm (35 mm equivalent: 26.6
- 132.8 mm)
Light Value                     : 13.3
Red Balance                     : 2.400393

Let me know, if I should try something else (in addition)
If needed, I could try to "clone" the exif info to a smaller file, using
"jhead -te"

Martin