[KPhotoAlbum] Line breaks in XML and/or PHP-XML library problem

jedd jedd at progsoc.org
Wed Jan 14 10:20:03 GMT 2009

 Howdi experts,

 As part of my rinky dinky afore-mentioned PHP front end to the
 kphotoalbum database ... I used the php simplexml_load_file()
 function to pull in the index.xml file to a Big Array.

 One thing I've noticed is that line breaks within the XML are not
 respected with the text fields of that array - specifically the
 description bit.   EOLs appear to be converted to a space.

 I haven't looked into this much, but are we doing something on
 the edge of the spec with linebreaks in the xml, or is it more likely
 a feature/bug with the php function not respecting them when it
 finds them?

 Jedd.