[KPhotoAlbum] Line breaks in XML and/or PHP-XML library problem

Jan Kundrát jkt at gentoo.org
Tue Feb 3 19:22:59 GMT 2009

jedd wrote:
>  One thing I've noticed is that line breaks within the XML are not
>  respected with the text fields of that array - specifically the
>  description bit.   EOLs appear to be converted to a space.

We don't create the XML ourselves, but let Qt do that, and at least in
the Qt4 version, it encodes line break as &xa; (the XML entity for LF).
Some parsers probably normalize any kind of whitespace encountered in
attribute values to a single space; that might or might not be a bug. I
have never fully read the XML spec, so I can't tell.

Cheers,
-jkt

--
cd /local/pub && more beer > /dev/mouth