[KPhotoAlbum] Gentoo setup help

Jan Kundrát jkt at gentoo.org
Fri Nov 28 08:54:04 GMT 2008

Ted Miller wrote:
> I created a small 48 bit tiff and am attaching it.  If it works OK for
> you (as it does for me on Centos) could you pass it to someone who can
> test it on Gentoo?  I checked it on my Gentoo install, and it has the
> "missing corner".

Works fine (I see a small, 420x300px image with black text on a
yellowish backgroud) on my Gentoo box. I can open it with kuickshow,
kview, krita (which shows a turquise background) without any problems.

Check your Gentoo installation -- I suspect you've removed some USE flags.

These are my USE flags:

[ebuild   R   ] x11-libs/qt-3.3.8-r4  USE="cups doc examples gif ipv6
opengl sqlite xinerama -debug -firebird -immqt -immqt-bc -mysql -nas
-nis -odbc -postgres"
[ebuild   R   ] media-libs/tiff-3.8.2-r4  USE="jbig jpeg zlib -nocxx"
[ebuild   R   ] media-gfx/kphotoalbum-3.1.1-r1  USE="exif raw xinerama
-arts -debug"

Cheers,
-jkt

--