[KPhotoAlbum] Startup Message: Your images/videos are not sorted . . .

Rog linux.rog at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 17:38:03 GMT 2008

Using ver 3.1.1 under Ubuntu, I get the following message when
KPhotoAlbum (KPhA) starts:

    Your images/videos are not sorted, which means that navigating using
    the date bar will only work suboptimally.
    In the Maintenance menu, you can find Display Images with Incomplete
    Dates which you can use to find the images that are missing date
    information.
    You can then select the images that you have reason to believe have
    a correct date in either their EXIF data or on the file, and execute
    Maintenance->Read EXIF Info to reread the information.
    Finally, once all images have their dates set, you can execute
    Images->Sort Selected by Date & Time to sort them in the database.

However, when I do
    Maintenance | Display Images with Incomplete Dates
KPhA grinds away for a couple of minutes (I have >8k images) and then
see no images in view mode.

What am I doing incorrectly?

Related question: I note that many of my images have been edited prior
to using KPhA. When I view exif data for the pics, I see a large amount
of data, including the original date from my camera, including date and
time of shots.

/Roger