[KPhotoAlbum] KPhotoAlbum Issues

Murray Strome wmstrome at yahoo.com
Mon May 12 03:09:08 BST 2008

 > Message: 1
> Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 12:10:38 +0300
> From: Tuomas Suutari <thsuut at utu.fi>
> Subject: Re: [KPhotoAlbum] KPhotoAlbum Issues
> There is an archive of this list at
> http://mail.kdab.net/mailman/pipermail/kphotoalbum/

Thanks -- I think I had found this, but did not see
any way to search the list for specific topics (and I
am not sure what I should have used for defining a
search anyway).

> Btw. is KPhotoLab from some translation of
> KPhotoAlbum or how did you invent that name?

No, it was just my mistyping!

> --
> Tuomas Suutari | +358 50 3806983 | thsuut at utu.fi
> -------------- next part --------------
>
> Murray Strome wrote:
> > I am using version Version 0.9.2-final.

Sorry, I looked at the wrong package. I am using
Kubuntu 7.10 and the version installed is 3.0.2 (with
KDE 3,5,8) (according to Help> About KPhotoAlbum). I
didn't see anything later than this precompiled for
Debian derivatives on the links from the KPhotoAlbum.

> I don't see any path in the code where KPA might
> decide to wipe out the
> index.xml file. If you really are on that ancient
> release, please upgrade.

There may have been something else going on, but I
could not find an index.xml file anywhere in my $HOME
directory tree, nor on the directory where I was
creating my test albums.  When I restarted after the
crash (when I tried to create HTML), I certainly was
not given any option of opening the Album on which I
had been working.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Murray