[KPhotoAlbum] image decoding priorities & multithreading

Jan Kundrát jkt at gentoo.org
Mon Jun 23 18:50:11 BST 2008

After yesterday's patch that enables KPA to use multiple CPU cores for
decoding images, this patch improves general responsibility by replacing
older "priority/regular" system with more priority levels. Right now, we
have defined the following, in ascending order (ie. the first one has
the lowest priority):

1) Requests generated through the "Rebuild Thumbnails" command
2) Thumbnails in current search scope, but invisible
3) Image that will be probably displayed later in the viewer
4) Requests like resizing images for HTML pages (explicitely requested
by users)
5) Thumbnail visible on screen right now (might get invalidated later)
6) Image is visible in the viewer right now

This patch isn't complete yet (the "Regenerate thumbnails" got to be
ported if we want to gain something from SMP) and thread priorities
needs to be solved, but I'm posting the patch for review anyway, as the
changes to ImageManager/ImageDecoder/... are complete, AFAIK.

Cheers,
-jkt

--
cd /local/pub && more beer > /dev/mouth