[KPhotoAlbum] Question about KPhotoAlbum

Risto H. Kurppa risto at kurppa.fi
Mon Jul 14 06:35:23 BST 2008

> On Friday 11 July 2008, Ritesh Raj Sarraf wrote:
> | Hi Jesper,
> | If my understanding is correct, all the annotation detail is stored in a
> | separate XML file. Right?

Yes, at the moment this is correct. There is work ongoing to make KPA
use a SQL database (=faster and so on..).

> | Would it be possible to add a feature where by all this information could
> | be embedded into the pictures itself?
> | This way, say, if my brother copies the root folder for my pictures, and
> | uses KPA, he wouldn't need to do any annotation work at all.

Do you know IPTC? I don't :) But I've heard the big boys talking here
on the list that KPA in some ways support IPTC and this should mean
that yes, you can actually store some data in the image itself. I
don't know what data are we talking about but afaik you can store the
tag data there.

Or: just copy the images to your brother he wants and give the xml
file as well (well, all the files from the root).

The he's to open that file (on a separate 'KPA session') and delete
all images from the database that are not on the disk.

And after this he can merge the databases.

That should work too. The trouble is that you should be able to keep
the same folder structure when copying images and that's something KPA
doesn't support at the moment.