[KPhotoAlbum] Exif for lens zoom range

Shawn Willden shawn-kimdaba at willden.org
Thu Feb 14 04:11:41 GMT 2008

On Wednesday 13 February 2008 11:01:35 am Lars Clausen wrote:
> The Really Cool Thing[tm] would of course be to have some logic that
> parses these camera-specific things and turns them into "fabricated"
> EXIF.  But at least having the info accessible in the interface at all
> would be better -- I'm not sure why it doesn't show up.

Maybe a better option would be to actually add the zoom range to your EXIF
information.  There is an EXIF tag called "LensFocalRange", and it would be
pretty simple to write a script that uses exiftool to get the min and max
lengths, calculate the range and write it back to that tag.

Of course, that might still leave you with the problem of getting that tag to
show in KPA.

	Shawn.