[KPhotoAlbum] Fwd: Copying data & grouping file

Constantin Orasan dinel_list at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Aug 27 22:44:05 BST 2008

Hi,

>  >> 1. I have my photos on a RAID5 array on a server in my basement.  Can I
>  >> access the kphotoalbum index from both my Centos machine (running
>  >> kphotoalbum version 3.0) and my Fedora9 machine (running 3.1.1)?  My
>  >> main machine is the Centos one, so that is where I will probably look
>  >> for photos to actually USE them (put them into something else).
>  >> However I find it useful to have the Fedora9 machine for using some of
>  >> the programs I can't find .rpms for, or for programs where I want a
>  >> later version.
>
> Still looking for answer to "Can I use 3.0 and 3.1 to access the same
> database without problems?"  Since 3.1 is not available for Centos (or
> RHEL) AFAIK, upgrading is not an option.

I've just returned from holidays where I took some photos on a laptop
hoping to sort them out using kphotoalbum. After I read your email, I
realised that I use different versions of kphotoalbum: on the laptop
3.0.2, whilst on the desktop 3.1.1. I seem to be able to move the index
file from one computer to another without any data loss.

> >> 2. I thought I read a comment somewhere that said I could copy the tags,
> >> date, etc from one photo to another, but I can't figure out how to do that.
> >>  Is this possible?  If not, could it be added?  It would make life easier
> >> until the parent/child/group/derivative functionality that Paul has been
> >> playing with makes it into a production version.
> >
> > When tagging multiple photos in one go (select many photos in the
> > thumbs view, press ctrl+1), there you can copy the tags from the
> > previously tagged photos.
>
> Have looked for this, but have not figured out how to do it for all the
> information for a photo at once.
This option is not available in 3.0.x version. If I remember correctly,
it was introduced only in 3.1.0.

Best regards,

Dinel