[KPhotoAlbum] Patch for initial support for 6 degrees of freedom devices.

Ben Martin monkeyiq at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Apr 23 16:14:00 BST 2008

Hi,
  Attached is a patch to use the libsixdof library
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=16036&package_id=273248
to allow a 6 degrees of freedom device to effect some control over
kphotoalbum.

Support is currently limited to: next/prev image, zoom in/out, pan
around x,y and rotate image. This does make a reasonable first stab at
exposing functionality and using a 6dof device when in slideshow mode.

The patch is a little ugly, the myApplication should really be migrated
into another cpp file etc. I'd love to use dbus/dcop to allow libsixdof
to automatically find and expose interesting functions to avoid the
function table part, but thats another story for another
hackfest :/

  Because the autofools is a little differently setup in kphotoalbum I
hacked config.h to #define HAVE_SIXDOF and changed the Makefiles
manually here.

Something like this appearing in configure.ac and the use of SIXDOF
flags in the Makefile.am for kphotoalbum should integrate the support
into the build system too.

PKG_CHECK_MODULES( SIXDOF, sixdofc >= 0.0.1,
[
have_sixdof=yes
AC_DEFINE(HAVE_SIXDOF)
echo "building support for 6 degree-of-freedom devices..."
],
[
echo "not building support for 6 degree-of-freedom devices..."
])
AM_CONDITIONAL(HAVE_SIXDOF, test x"$have_sixdof" = xyes)

Let me know if this is desired functionality mainline... I'm fairly keen
to get support mainline so I don't have to maintain a bunch of patches
for different apps that I add 6dof too. I'm happy to clean up the patch
if there is interest.