[KPhotoAlbum] Recalc checksum upon image modification?

Tim McCormack basalganglia at brainonfire.net
Sun Apr 6 20:36:23 BST 2008

I was under the impression that KPA would recalculate the checksum of
any image in the collection that had been modified since last DB save.
I've discovered that this is not true. Is there any way of forcing KPA
to do this?

At the very least, the checksum should be updated in index.xml whenever
one of the plugins is applied to the image.

Without this automatic recalc, KPA is unable to properly identify moved
images. Example:

1. Drop in some images, run KPA, save.
2. Edit image, run KPA, save.
3. Move image, run KPA: Moved/renamed image is not recognized.

I am under the impression that KimDaBa handled this properly. Perhaps it
is an actual bug? I'm running KPA 3.0.2 on the current Ubuntu (Gutsy
Gibbon).

  - Tim McCormack