[KPhotoAlbum] Geographical data

Tero Tilus tero at tilus.net
Wed Sep 26 08:09:37 BST 2007

2007-09-26 08:52, Jan Kundrát:
> new metadata fields (and add "rating" as well)

Somehow this reminds me about a thought I had quite a while ago.
Could this (and possibly many other future requests) be satisfied by
introducing a new layer of abstraction, "datatypes"?

Now we have two timestamps, one free text field and arbitrary number
of enumerations and the entities of enumerations are organizable to a
hierarchy within the enumeration.  What if we had arbitrary number of
fields with arbitrary datatype (timestamp, free text, hierarchical
enumeration, number?, geocoordinate?, whatelse?) and a preset of two
timestamps, free text and a couple of enums?  Might we then possibly
have a repository of schemas for particular purposes?

--
Tero Tilus ## 050 3635 235 ## http://www.tilus.net/koti/tero/