[KPhotoAlbum] Pan operation.

Jeroen Eeuwes jeroeneeuwes at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 20:58:52 BST 2007

Hi Mark,

> That leads me to a question on the kphotoalbum side: anyone out
> there actually storing lat/long in kphotoalbum, and how are you doing
> it?  Adding geo:x,y tags in the Location category?

Right now I'm just adding the location in human form using  "Spain",
"Gran Canaria", "Playa del Ingles" etc. In some photo's which I took
while walking with a GPS I've put the exact coordinates in the EXIF
information. I've used gpsPhoto.pl for this. This results in EXIF
information like this:

$ exiftool DSC05743.JPG
ExifTool Version Number         : 6.90
File Name                       : DSC05743.JPG
Directory                       : .
File Size                       : 1372 kB
File Modification Date/Time     : 2006:11:18 14:36:58
File Type                       : JPEG
[...lots deleted...]
GPS Version ID                  : 2.2.0.0
GPS Latitude Ref                : North
GPS Longitude Ref               : West
GPS Altitude Ref                : Above Sea Level
GPS Altitude                    : 63 m
GPS Time Stamp                  : 14:38:02
GPS Img Direction Ref           : True North
GPS Img Direction               : 0
GPS Map Datum                   : WGS-84
GPS Date Stamp                  : 2006:11:18
Compression                     : JPEG (old-style)
Make                            : SONY
Camera Model Name               : CYBERSHOT
Modify Date                     : 2006:11:18 14:36:58
Thumbnail Offset                : 1126
Thumbnail Length                : 3144
Special Instructions            : Lat 27.759254, Lon -15.583768 -
Bearing: 0 - Altitude: 63m
Application Record Version      : 4
Image Width                     : 2048
Image Height                    : 1536
Aperture                        : 5.0
GPS Date/Time                   : 2006:11:18 14:38:02
GPS Latitude                    : 27 deg 45' 33.31" N
GPS Longitude                   : 15 deg 35' 1.56" W
GPS Position                    : 27 deg 45' 33.31" N, 15 deg 35' 1.56" W
Image Size                      : 2048x1536
Shutter Speed                   : 1/500
Thumbnail Image                 : (Binary data 3144 bytes, use -b
option to extract)
Focal Length                    : 9.7mm
Light Value                     : 13.6

These values are not read by kphotoalbum (as far as I know), but they
are usuable in Picasa for example. I've used this in the past (under
Windows)  to create a Google Earth kmz file with embedded foto's.
Digikam can also read these coordinates and display the location on a
Google Map.

I'd prefer when kphotoalbum would read the GPS information from the
EXIF information if available.

If someone would like this (not very good) photo of a round-about on
Gran Canaria to play with, just let me know.

Best regards,
Jeroen Eeuwes