[KPhotoAlbum] Edit/Copy feature : crash with a lot of thumbnails

Baptiste MATHUS ml at batmat.net
Sun Oct 21 14:38:59 BST 2007

Hi all,

I just tried copy/pasting the paths of several thousands thumbnails into a
text file.Even without pasting, the "copy" seems to have a hard time
finishing. Here's the message I get from the command line where I launched
KPA :
QClipboard: timed out while sending data
QClipboard: timed out while sending data
QClipboard: timed out while sending data

and so on.

And what's worse, after one minute or two KPA freezes, which doesn't happen
immediately after the copy is asked for. Two more minutes and then the
computer (well the window manager, I'd say) freezes too :-/. Forced to
reboot...

I was wondering if Is it a problem that's inside Qt or one that could be
handled a bit better by us in KPA? What do you think?

Thanks

--
Baptiste MATHUS
BMathus at Batmat point net - http://batmat.net