[KPhotoAlbum] 3.1.0-rc1 released - some problems

Jan Kundrát jkt at gentoo.org
Fri Oct 5 20:28:18 BST 2007

Martin Jost wrote:
> I had a look for newer versions.
> I found:
> exiv2-0.15
> and
> svn checkout svn://dev.robotbattle.com/exiv2/trunk .
> This gives "Revision 1263"
> What do you mean by "Please try r720262" and how do I get this ?

I mean r720262 of KPhotoAlbum, not exiv2, sorry for confusion.

> With 0.15 I now got the file names as titles on import of the new photos
> as expected.

That means that earlier versions of exiv2 didn't contain some
interesting Exif key name. I've tried to have a quick glance at their
SVN history, but wasn't able to see anything useful.

> I tried to go back to exiv2-0.12 and this crashed on the same reread.
> (See attached stack backtrace)
> On the terminal I got:
> --------------
>> /opt/kde3/bin/kphotoalbum
> terminate called after throwing an instance of 'Exiv2::Error'
> KCrash: Application 'kphotoalbum' crashing.

Please try it with newer KPA checkout and exiv2-0.12.

> RC1 isn't visible on the "newer snapshot" page:
> http://kphotoalbum.org/download-snapshots.html
> (probably, because there are no rpms ?)
> Depending on how wide you plan to spread the word, this page should be
> updated.

Thanks, I'll try to fix that default config issue and release RC2 soon.

> While I played around with RC1, I found one (very) minor hickup:
> - Place some tokens on some of the photos
> - Go to the "Homepage". You see how many different tokens exist in the DB.
> - Choose "Edit/Remove Token"; choose some of the available tokens, click ok
> - The count of tokens on the homepage isn't updated. You have to click
> "Home" again to get an update.

It would be great if you filed that to the bugzilla; it's indeed very
minor so it is likely to be forgotten.

Thanks,
-jkt