[KPhotoAlbum] Poll: Estimated parent/child count in your DB.

Tero Tilus tero at tilus.net
Thu Nov 29 10:21:56 GMT 2007

2007-11-29 10:54, Martin Höller:
> How should I use the master/child relationship here? Is the panorama
> the resulting master or a child? What if i want several version of
> the generated panorama?

>From what I was talking about (concept of masters and derivates) the
original exposures are masters and the stitched panorama is their
commond derivate, master --> derivate relationships go like

shot 1 --+

shot 2 --+

shot 3 --+--> panorama

shot 4 --+

shot 5 --+

> The image I want to see in thumbnail browser is definitively a
> panorama and not (one of) the original ones. The originals should be
> attached to it. So should the panorama be the "master"?

I think the concept of "hiding" should (at least implementation-wise)
be separated from the relationship.  Binding them together would only
bring us unnecessary complications and limitations.  I explained it
more thoroughly in my previous mail.

> On the other hand, if I have a picture which I want to improve using
> gimp or whatever, I would have one "master" with one (or probably
> several) derived "child/children".

Exactly.

> So I guess for my use a many-to-many relation whould be a must! Am I
> missing something here?

Again, exactly.  If the concept we are trying to modell is
master-derivate relationship, we should (at least some day, if not in
the next release) have many-to-many relationship.

--
Tero Tilus ## 050 3635 235 ## http://www.tilus.net/koti/tero/