[KPhotoAlbum] Second iteration of experimental image grouping patch

Paul Fleischer paul at xpg.dk
Thu Nov 29 08:36:41 GMT 2007

Hi again,

Here is the second iteration of the image grouping functionality. Changes are:

- Only a parent attribute is used in the XML file.
- Methodnames and indentation should match the rest of KPA
- When browsing children, the parent image is no longer shown
- Text in statusbar changes when viewing children
- An image with children is now marked with an icon overlay. Requires
a file named parent.png in the pics/ data-directory of KPA. I've used
<kdedir>/share/icons/crystalsvg/32x32/actions/add.png.
- Reparenting by dragging (which currently is the only way), is made
more safe and now has an "Are you sure?"-dialog.
- Detaching from parent, now also works when you have the parent image selected.

Keep in mind that everything, including all of the above changes, are
purely experimental. I'm trying to figure out how to do things the
best way, so let me know what you think.

I am trying to find a way of registering double-clicks on the
icon-overlay, so that it can be used to take one to the list of
children, rather than displaying the parent-image. Anyone has any
comments to this?

/Paul