[KPhotoAlbum] Very experimental image-grouping patch

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at blackie.dk
Wed Nov 28 13:31:56 GMT 2007

On Wednesday 28 November 2007, Paul Fleischer wrote:
| As i wrote in a comment to Bug 152438, I have created a very
| experimental system for grouping images in KPhotoAlbum. The basic idea
| is to assign a parent and a list of children to each image. Children,
| meaning images that have a parent, are not shown when browsing.
| However, they can be found by clicking on the parent and choosing
| 'Show Children'. Images are assigned a parent by drag'n'drop (just
| move them onto the image which is to be their parent).
|
| I'm not sure that this is a very good way to do it, but it's a nice
| way to start talking about how it can be done properly :-) So, please
| try out the attached patch and let me know what you think.
|
| Cheers,
| Paul
Sorry if I repeat what other people said already (Man I hate being so busy :(

looks great, lots of people asked for a feature like that for a long time, esp
for multiple copies of the same file, or a serie of similar photos. So a cool
adition to this would be to auto detect in some way.

Second, it would be nice with some indication that it was a parent image (how
about calling that a master?) and later perhaps some easy way to see the
children (like double clicking the image or something)

Finally we need to decide how this could interoperated with the move
thumbnails feature.

Jan, it would be great if you would have the time to help Paul get this in
shape (as I see you already started on)

thousands of images?